EP – 9 Our special guest on this episode of Seniors We Love podcast is Paula Mattson Sarli. She’s an estate planning and elder law attorney in MD and DC.
As an elder law attorney, he helps with health care directives, powers of attorney, and she also provides tremendous support.
Issues that arise for your senior can be complicated. Caregivers can easily feel overwhelmed, so working with an elder law attorney can simplify the process. An attorney can provide guidance for the options available.
Our conversation start by understanding the difference between an estate planning attorney and an elder law attorney.
OTHER TOPICS WE DISCUSS
- Difference between an estate planning attorney and an elder law attorney
- Health care decisions
- How to pay for care
- Health Care Advanced Directives
- Living Will
- MOLST forms (MOLST.org)
- How to stay independent longer
- Avoiding guardianship
- Medicare vs. Medicaid
- Communicating with family
- Daily Money Manager
- Types of Powers of Attorney
- How to find an elder law attorney in your state:
- National Association of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA.org)
- Elder Council
- Review the attorney’s website to ensure that elderlaw is their primary focus,
- Ask for a referral from your Health Care Providers or Financial Advisor
ABOUT OUR GUEST – PAULA MATTSON-SARLI
Learn more about Paula by visiting her website at Personaltouchlaw.com
Connect with Paula on:
LynnMichel.com 301-996-2328 email@example.com
SOCIAL MEDIA FOR SENIORS WE LOVE
Connect with us on our social media platforms for Seniors We Love
ABOUT THE HOST
Debbie DeChambeau is a content creator, business and marketing strategist and professional insurance agent.
Over the years, Debbie has cared for several family members. She was instrumental in helping to raise her niece and nephew and cared for her grandmother, uncle and parents.
Her love for podcasting and the insurance industry have her creating content that help seniors with their insurance decisions. Debbie tries to help caregivers understand what to expect in their new role.
Debbie believes in continued education for her profession and earned the designations as a Certified Insurance Counselor and an Accredited Advisor of Insurance.